Sunday, September 1, 2013

Prologue

There are a lot of things that scare my fiancée Ashley: spiders, ghosts, bees, cracking my knuckles, fibers on the carpet that look like spiders, I could go on.  So a game like Amnesia: The Dark Descent (the digital cure for pleasant dreams and constipation) should downright scare the ever-living crap out of her. 


Let me give a little background on this game.  In 2010 Frictional Games released another survival horror, first-person, puzzle, nightmare-inducer baring a slight resemblance to their Penumbra series.  The player takes on the role of Daniel, a British archeologist armed only with a lantern and superb voice acting.  You wake up in a puddle of Pepto-Bismol with no memory of why you are in a Prussian castle but know that some kind of reality-dissolving shadow monster is stalking you.

Ashley grew tired of setting fire to Sims this weekend and wanted to try something new.  I jokingly suggested Amnesia and surprisingly, she agreed.  My poor fiancée has no idea what she has gotten herself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment